Prof. Sumanapala Galmangoda
Present - Senior Professor, Director,
Postgraduate Institute of
Pali and Buddhist Studies,
University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
Qualifications : BA (Hons.), MA, PhD., Royal Pandit
Buddhist Projects/Experiences :
3 Year Experience of conducting Buddhist Ayurvedic Counseling programme in Sri Lanka with the assistance of World Health Organization South East Asia Centre, 25 years experience of teaching Pali, Sanskrit, Buddhist Philosophy, Buddhist Culture, Buddhist Psychology in University level, 20 years experience as a supervisor in Buddhist studies leading to the degrees MA, MPhil and PhD, 3 year experience as the Head of the Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya, 1 year experience as an acting director of the Ayurvedic Institute of the University of Kelaniya, 5 year experience as the director of the postgraduate institute of Pali and Buddhist studies, University of Kelaniya. Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Buddhist Universities, Bangkok, Thailand.
1. Reality: The Abhidhammic Analysis, Sarasvathi Publications, Divulapitiya, Sri Lanka, 2008.
2. Reality and Expression - A Study of the Conception of Pannatti in the Theravada Abhidhamma, Paramita Institute, Kandy, 1999.
3. Abhidhammic Interpretations of Early Buddhist Teachings, Singapore, 2005.
4. Buddhist Social Philosophy and Ethics, Singapore, 2005.
5. Early Buddhist Philosophy and Social Concepts, Buddhist Research Society, Singapore, 2001.